Friday, August 24, 2012

A Beginner's Journey Through Etsy: Talk About Teams


I have been on Etsy for more than 2 months now, and one of the best aspects of Etsy that I have discovered so far are the teams. What exactly do I mean by teams? Actually, Etsy has a lot of different teams that you are able to join as a buyer and/or seller on Etsy. Through being on teams, I have learned that Etsy is not just made up of individual shops, but it is really a community of artists and makers. 

There have been many benefits in joining teams on Etsy. First, I have been able to connect to other shop owners, both new to Etsy and those who have been around Etsy for a while. This has been great because I can learn so much from people who have similar goals and aspirations as me regarding shops on Etsy. It has also been a way to promote my shop and others’ shops . There are places to post new items, share your favorites from other shops, share sales or promotions that your shop is having, and so much more. 

In addition, teams are there for an Etsy shop owner to share their ideas, help each other out, or give advice. Another thing I have noticed about teams is that everyone is really friendly, encouraging, and helpful. I have enjoyed interacting and sharing with different people on Etsy. I think it is definitely a good thing when shop owners you may not even know in person, are willing to help you out with your shop and questions. 

If you new to Etsy, and you are not quite sure how to get connected, why not join some teams? You will gain more knowledge about Etsy, be able to promote your shop, and meet new people in the process. Just click on the “Community” link where the teams can be found.

Happy team joining!

Kelly Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment