Saturday, July 7, 2012

Meet Our June Team Treasury Challenge Winner: Kelly from Kelly's Craft Items

I am so pleased to introduce the first winner of our monthly team treasury challenge, Kelly from Kelly's Craft Items.  Kelly displays an exciting variety of talents in her shop.  I had a lot of fun looking through it and you will too.  I couldn't wait to find out more about it.

A love of learning and a fantastic sense of adventure are obvious in Kelly's work.  I was curious to know how Kelly got started.  She told me, "Art skills run in the family so I've always been around it and encouraged to develop those skills.  Growing up I would win art contests.  I am a college graduate and I have worked in the corporate world; however, I stay at home with my children right now so I have a little more free time to 'play'."

This lovely pair of earrings can be purchased here.

This stunning bracelet can be purchased here.

I was entirely enchanted with all of the beautiful items in Kelly's shop.  What inspires this level of artisanship I wondered.  I asked Kelly where her inspiration came from.  She said, "I love to learn new things and challenge myself.  I have a NEED to create.  It brings me joy and calms me.  I am new to jewelry so the various styles there reflect my dabbling to see what I like, what I am capable of, and what other people will buy.  I really would like to work with precious metals and gemstones."

This fun set of cards is available for purchase here.

This pretty set of gift tags is available for purchase here.

You can see Kelly's love of creating in her work.  She has so many fabulous items, but I was curious about her favorite material to work with.  Kelly said, "I am really enjoying the metal wire!  I like to find new and interesting ways to work with materials, I've just scratched the surface!"  She isn't kidding about scratching the surface either.  Just look at these jewelry trees!

This fun and functional jewelry tree is available for purchase here.

This adorable jewelry tree is available for purchase here.

You should also know that Kelly's 3 and 6 year old children craft with her.  Kelly thinks we will be seeing some items from them as they get older.  I sure hope so!  I love that Kelly is passing these skills onto her children.  I can't wait to see what the next generation designs.

Kelly also has a charity section in her shop for christian ministries that features jeweled crosses, cross charm keychains and more!  There is something for everyone in Kelly's shop.  With Kelly's amazing creativity, you can count on finding many fun items at great prices.  This is a shop to keep your eye on. You can also find Kelly on Facebook.  I recommend liking her page to stay updated on new items.

Thank you so much Kelly for participating in our team treasury challenge!  You can find Kelly's lovely board on our Weekend BNS Bash happening July 7-8.  You can find out more about the team treasury challenge in our team threads.

Love and Peace,

Luci

No comments:

Post a Comment